This is my third progress report for my project pan 2021, which I love documenting to see how well I’ve done over the course of the year.
A project pan is where you select a certain number of makeup products that you’d like to ‘hit pan on’ during a specified timeframe. This means using up a certain number of makeup products either mostly or fully. This encourages makeup lovers to use up the products they already own, rather than buying new products.
This year, I selected 21 makeup products that I hoped to use up by the end of the year. Although this is an ambitious target, I wanted to see how well I’d do. From 2020’s project pan, I learned that getting through powder products is really difficult, so I selected more liquid and cream products this time.
If you’d like to see how well I’ve done with my project pan 2021 so far, then please keep on reading.
Products I’ve finished
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara in Noir Hypnotic – £27 I finished this mascara a while ago
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – £17 I’ve got other liquid liners in my collection, so I’m happy I used this one up
- Colourpop All Star Matte Setting Spray – £8 I finished this setting spray in my last project pan 2021 progress report
- Glossier Boy Brow – £14 I got through Boy Brow quite quickly as I use it for every makeup look I do
- Sephora lip liner to go in shade 15 – £4.40 In the end, this lip liner got so tiny that I physically couldn’t use it
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – £28 Even though I expected to finish this primer this year, I ended up finishing it faster than anticipated
Products I’ve nearly finished
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil – £4.80 This eyeliner is getting tiny, so I really hope I can finish it this year
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer – £23 If it wasn’t for the fact this concealer is so full coverage, I would’ve finished it ages ago
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – £6 I hardly get any product out of the tube now. I just know I’ll use this lipstick up soon
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation – £6 I will definitely use this foundation up in the next month or so
Products I’ve made a lot of progress on
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Champagne – £22 I’ve made a pretty big dent in this cream eyeshadow now, but I don’t think I’ll be able to finish it for my project pan 2021
- KKW Beauty Crème Contour Stick – £13 This contour stick is quite easy to make progress on because it’s such a creamy formula. I don’t see myself finishing the stick in 2021 due to it being double-sided, but I’m pleased with my progress
- L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara – £11 There’s a chance I’ll finish this mascara up by the end of the year
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation – £43 I’ve used this foundation quite a lot of times since my last progress report
Remaining project pan 2021 products
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette – £43 At this point, I’ve pretty much excluded this eyeshadow palette from my project pan 2021 because I find it hard to use up
- RCMA No-Color Powder – £11.75 I’m just past the halfway point with this setting powder, so I’m pleased with my progress
- ICONIC London Illuminator – £30 This liquid highlighter is just so pigmented that I don’t use much product on application. I won’t finish this highlighter this year
- Soleil Tan de Chanel – £40 I’ve used a lot of this bronzer up now. Although I’ve hit pan on it, but my aim is to completely finish it
- Tarteist Lip Bling – £18 I won’t finish this lip gloss this year
- Essence Matt Touch Blush Peach Me Up – £1 Although I won’t finish this blusher in 2021, I’ve still been using it quite a lot
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Christmas Cookie – £16 I’ve been focusing on finishing the NYX lipstick, so I’ve hardly worn this Jeffree Star liquid lipstick
Final thoughts on my project pan 2021 progress report #3
I’ve used 6 out of 21 products up this year with another few that I’m confident I’ll finish by the end of 2021. Seeing as I pretty much only wear makeup on the weekends, I’m happy with my progress. There are a few products I might declutter at the end of the year too.
I’ve learned that eyeshadow palettes are very difficult to finish at the rate I wear them, so I probably won’t include them in future project pans. I also need to be careful including lots of lip products in the future and just focusing on one lip item will be far more realistic.