I’m back with my second project pan 2021 progress this year, which I was really excited to share as I feel like I’ve made quite a lot of progress.
A project pan is where you select a certain number of makeup products that you’d like to ‘hit pan on’ during a specified timeframe. This means using up a certain number of makeup products either completely or mostly. This encourages makeup lovers to use up the products they already own, rather than always buying new products.
This year, I selected 21 makeup products that I hoped to use up by the end of the year. Although this is an ambitious target, I wanted to see how well I’d do to help inform future project pans that I do. From 2020’s project pan, I learned that getting through powder products is really difficult, so I selected more liquid and cream products this time.
If you’d like to see how well I’m doing with my project pan at the halfway point, then please keep on reading.
Products I’ve finished
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara in Noir Hypnotic – £27 I finished this product in my last project pan 2021 progress report
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – £17 This is a great liquid liner but I’d had it a while and wanted to use it up, which I did successfully
- Colourpop All Star Matte Setting Spray – £8 After using this setting spray for every makeup look I did, I finally finished it
- Glossier Boy Brow – £14 I didn’t realise how close I was to using up this product but it went completely dry
Products I’ve nearly finished
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation – £6 I believe I can use this foundation up by my next project pan 2021 progress report
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer – £23 It feels like this concealer has been almost finished for about a year now, so I’m starting to worry that I won’t be able to finish it in 2021
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – £6 I should use this up by the next progress report
- Sephora lip liner to go in shade 15 – £4.40 This lip liner is nearly finished. I think it’ll only be a few more sharpens before it’s totally unusable
Products I’ve made a lot of progress on
- Soleil Tan de Chanel – £40 I’ve technically already hit pan on this product as you can see the bottom of the pot that houses the bronzer. However, I’d love to use it up entirely. I highly doubt that will be this year but I’ve made a lot of progress in the past 3 months
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – £28 There’s not much primer left in this tube now
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil – £4.80 This white kohl eyeliner looks tiny now and I’ve managed to get through a lot of it. I believe I can use this up 2021
- Essence Matt Touch Blush Peach Me Up – £1 Although there’s no way that I’ll use this powder blush up by the end of the year, I’ve managed to use up quite a lot of product in the past few months
- Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Champagne – £22 I’ve worn this champagne eyeshadow a lot since my last progress report so I’ve used a sizeable chunk now
Products I think I can use up by the end of the year
- L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara – £11 I’m still confident that I can use this mascara up by the end of the year. I find them fairly easy to finish with consistent use
- ICONIC London Illuminator – £30 I think I might be able to use this liquid highlighter up by the end of the year
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation – £43 I don’t think there’s too much foundation left in this bottle so I think I can finish it in 2021
Remaining project pan 2021 products
- RCMA No-Color Powder – £11.75 It feels like I’ll never be able to use this translucent powder up lol
- KKW Beauty Crème Contour Stick – £13 Although I’ve made decent progress with this cream contour stick, I’m finding it harder to use up than anticipated
- Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Christmas Cookie – £16 I’ve not used this lipstick much at all and I think it’s still pretty much full. There’s no way I’ll use this up in 2021
- Tarteist Lip Bling – £18 As this is a very shimmery lip gloss, it’s not that wearable, so I’m doubtful that I can finish this product up this year
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette – £43 I’ve pretty much made no progress with this OG eyeshadow palette lol
Final thoughts on my project pan 2021 progress report #2
I’m very pleased with my project pan 2021 progress. I’ve used up 4 products now and there are quite a few more that I’ll use up this year. The lip liner, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and Maybelline foundation will all be used up in 2021. I also think I’ll finish the white kohl eyeliner and Smashbox primer too.
Honestly, some of the products I selected this year were too ambitious. Selecting 3 lipsticks wasn’t the smartest idea nor was the Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette. I don’t know about you but panning eyeshadow palettes feels very difficult.
Join the list
Keep up to date with all the latest beauty & lifestyle content
The lip liner pencil looks so funny because it’s so small now. You’ve made such a lot of progress! I never thought the end would be in sight for your Chanel bronzer.
I can barely hold the lip liner now as it’s a little stub. I don’t think I’ll be able to use it when it comes round to sharpening it lol