In April, I set out my project pan 2020: 20 makeup products I wanted to use up by the end of the year.
For those of you who don’t know what a project pan is, it’s where you aim to ‘hit pan’ on a select number of makeup products. It’s designed to help you be mindful of your makeup spending habits and to use the products you own, rather than keep buying new items.
In my previous project pan progress report, I managed to use up a few products and make a lot of progress on other products. A few months later, I wanted to share the progress I’ve made on my project pan and what the outlook looks like for the rest of 2020.
If you’d like to see how I’ve been getting on with my project pan 2020, then keep on reading.
Products I’ve finished
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 – I finally finished using this foundation. It’s amazing, though, so I’d definitely repurchase it
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Honey – I threw this lipstick out. I never reached for it and I’d had it for years, so I thought it was time to say goodbye
- M.A.C. Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Whirl – In my previous progress report, I mentioned that I’d nearly finished this. Now, it truly has been used up, so I’m very happy
Products I’ve nearly finished
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer – This concealer is starting to get a little dry now, so I know I’m close to finishing this product. I’m pretty confident I’ll use it up by the end of the year
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – This lipstick is also becoming a bit dry in the tube as there isn’t much product left. I hope I can use this up by the end of the year
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil – I use this white kohl eyeliner for every single makeup look I do. It takes a while to get through pencil eyeliners, but this one is right near the end now
Products I’ve made a lot of progress on
- Colourpop All Star Matte Setting Spray – I’ve been using this setting spray for every makeup look and I’m down to the last quarter of the bottle. I hope I can use it up by the end of 2020
- Soleil Tan de Chanel – I’ve made my way through a lot of this bronzer. I definitely won’t finish it by the end of the year, though, as it takes ages to make a dent in this product
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – I probably have about one-third left of this primer. I don’t think I’ll quite finish this primer by the end of 2020, but I think I’ll end up using most of it
Products I think I can use up by the end of 2020
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – This liquid liner is becoming a bit drier now, so I’m pretty sure it’ll run out soon. I wear it quite often, so I’m confident I can use this up by the end of 2020. However, it’s hard to tell how much product is left in liquid liners, so I can never be sure
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara – This is a fairly small tube, so I think I can finish it by the end of the year if I wear it with every makeup look
- Sephora lip liner to go in shade 15 – I think I can use this lip liner up by the end of the year, however, it still takes me a while to get through, so it might take some pretty heavy usage lol
- Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions Palette – There is absolutely no way I’ll finish this eyeshadow palette by the end of 2020. Although I’m starting to make dents in the palette, it’s taking me so much time to make progress with this product
- RCMA No-Color Powder – I’ve actually used around half of this setting powder now. However, I don’t use enough of this product to see any real progress over the course of a few months, so I’m certain this won’t be used up by the end of 2020
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Blush – It doesn’t matter how much I use this product, it doesn’t seem to dent the blusher at all. I think I’d have a hard time finishing this by the end of 2021 lol
- Duo eyelash glue – It’s hard to tell how much of this eyelash glue I have left, but, if I took a guess, there’s still around half left so I don’t think I’ll use this up by the end of the year
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Jelly Highlighter – There’s no chance I’ll finish this highlighter by the end of 2020. In fact, I think this highlighter will take me years to finish up
My project pan 2020 progress reports have made me realise just how long it can take me to use up makeup products. I pretty much only wear makeup on the weekends, so it’s hard for me to make a lot of progress on my makeup products.
Having said that, since I’ve started this project pan, I’ve finished 6 products. I’m pretty happy with this and hope to have used up a few more makeup products by the end of the year.