Back at the beginning of April, I set out my project pan 2020: 20 makeup products I wanted to use up by the end of the year. Now, a few months later, I want to share my project pan progress – what products have I finished and how far along with the others am I?
For those of you who don’t know what a project pan is, it’s where you aim to ‘hit pan’ on a select number of makeup products. It’s designed to help you be mindful of your makeup spending habits and to use the products you own, rather than keep buying new items.
For my project pan 2020, I chose 20 different makeup products that I wanted to use up by the end of the year. This is ambitious, especially as I don’t regularly wear makeup, but it’s a way for me to start actively getting through my makeup collection.
So how have I progressed with this year’s project pan? Keep on reading to find out more.
Products I’ve finished
- Helen É Long Lasting Lip Colour in Raspberry – I just didn’t feel inspired to use this lipstick and it was really old, so instead of feeling compelled to wear it, I threw it out
- Seventeen Makeup Lipstick in Autumn Berries – This is another old lipstick and I just have shades I like more, so I decided to toss it
- The Ordinary Coverage Foundation – I used this foundation up
Products I’ve nearly finished
- M.A.C. Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Whirl – As you can see in the picture above, I’ve almost finished this lipstick. There’s such a small amount left, so I can definitely finish this by the end of the year
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer – I’ve almost finished with this Tarte concealer too. I’m pretty sure I’ll use this up by the end of 2020
- IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 – Same as above. I love this foundation so much, though, that I’ll definitely buy it again in the future
Products I’ve made a lot of progress on
- Soleil Tan de Chanel – I’ve made my way through A LOT of this bronzer. I’m not 100% sure if I can use it up by the end of the year, but I’ve definitely ‘hit pan’ on it
- Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara in Noir Hypnotic – I’m pretty certain I’ll finish this mascara by the end of 2020
- Colourpop All Star Matte Setting Spray – Every time I’ve done a makeup look recently, I’ve been setting it with this Colourpop spray, which has enabled me to get through a lot of the product
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – Again, I’ve ensured I use this primer with any makeup look I’ve done since announcing my project pan 2020 in April. I probably have just under half left now
- Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions Palette – I’ve been using this eyeshadow palette a lot, which has helped me get through some of the eyeshadows. It doesn’t look like it in the picture but because the shadows are really powdery, I’m finding it’s taking me ages to make a dent in the pan. I definitely won’t finish this product up by the end of the year lol
Products I think I can use up by the end of 2020
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner – It’s hard to tell how much product you have left in liquid liners, but I’ve noticed the formula is not quite as wet as it used to be, so I think I’m near the bottom of it
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – This one of my favourite lipsticks ever. There’s not much left in the tube, so I’m hoping to finish this by the end of the year
- Duo eyelash glue – I’ve been using this eyelash glue every time I’ve worn false lashes recently, so I’m hoping to use it up by the end of the year
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Blush – There’s no way I’ll finish this product up because there’s literally tonnes of product left. I’ve actually been using this as a bronzer, as it works well on my pale skin
- Sephora lip liner to go in shade 15 – Even though I don’t have much of this lip liner left, it takes a while to get through lip liners as you don’t use much on application, so I don’t think I can finish this by the end of 2020
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil – Whilst I always use white kohl liner on my waterline to make my eyes appear brighter, it takes me ages to get through these
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Jelly Highlighter – This was such a stupid product to include in my project pan, on reflection, because it’s almost full. It’s so pigmented that I’m hardly using any product on each use, so there’s no way in hell I’ll finish this highlighter up
- Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified Lipstick in Chocolate Honey – There’s too much lipstick left for me to get through it by the end of the year
- RCMA No-Color Powder – I’ve actually made my way through quite a lot of this translucent powder, but, I still have about half left, and I don’t see myself finishing the other half in the remainder of this year
I think I overestimated how much makeup I could get through by the end of 2020 lol. Even though I love makeup, I don’t wear it during the week, so with some of the products that are basically full or are hard to use up, I’m making such little progress.
However, I’ve used up 3 products from my project pan and I’m confident that I’ll finish some more products by the end of the year too. I’m looking forward to reporting the rest of my progress in a few months’ time!