Recently, I’ve been obsessed with tropical makeup looks and love how people can use bright colours without being OTT. So, I wanted to create my own tropical makeup look for my blog.
I’m not always a fan of extremely colourful makeup looks. Although I can appreciate the artistry and technicality behind them, I sometimes think they’re OTT and not wearable. However, I love eyeshadow looks that incorporate a pop of colour or use a sophisticated colour palette.
Tropical eyeshadow, graphic eyeliner and pastel tones have been dominating the makeup world recently. Having created a mint blue pastel look and graphic eyeliner look already, I wanted to try a tropical eyeshadow look.
In this blog post, I’m going to share the YouTube tutorial I followed to create this look as well as the products I used. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Foundation: IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50 in Light
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer in Light Neutral
- Setting powder: RCMA No-Color Powder
- Contour: Nip + Fab Contouring Powder Palette Light
- Bronzer: Soleil Tan de Chanel
- Blusher: Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush in Petal Poppin
- Highlighter: Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter
- Setting spray: Colourpop All Star Matte Setting Spray
- Eyebrows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Gel in Chocolate
- Eyeshadow primer: M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly
- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palette, Beauty Bay EYN Bright Matte 42 Colour Palette and Sarazaar Culture Shook Eyeshadow Palette
- Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- White kohl liner: Maybelline Lasting Drama Light Eyeliner Pencil
- Mascara: Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara in Noir Hypnotic
- False eyelashes: Morphe Premium Lashes in Hypnotic
- Lip gloss: Autograph Colour Shine Lip Lacquer in Sorbet
Creating the tropical makeup look
To create this playful tropical makeup look, I followed a makeup tutorial from Dulce Candy.
I love the colour palette she used. I also think the pop of pink and bright teal shadow work perfectly together. Plus, gloss for summer is a must. I’ve been obsessed with lip gloss recently because it complements a bold eyeshadow look so well.
Obviously the standout part of this makeup look is the eyeshadow, so I didn’t do anything too wild with my base. I did some light contouring around my cheekbones, bronzed and added my new Fenty Beauty Cream Blush to my cheeks.
The pink blusher, paired with the iconic Anastasia Beverly Hills x Amrexy Highlighter – a gorgeous champagne gold shade – made my eyeshadow pop. I love cohesive makeup looks, so this made me super happy.
I used a new lip gloss from Autograph, which is a gorgeous nude peach shade with flecks of gold glitter.
The eyeshadow look was easy to create as I just used 4 colours. After priming my eyes, I applied a gold shimmer all over my lids and up to my crease. Then, I took a neutral, matte brown shade and swept this across my brow bone and in my outer corners to add depth.
Following this, I applied two bright pink eyeshadows on my outer corners from the Beauty Bay Bright Matte Palette and Sarazaar Culture Shook Palette. To keep the intense pink tone, I only blended out the edges of the pink shadow.
Finally, I applied a shimmery teal shade under my eyes to add a pop of colour. This is my favourite part of the tropical makeup look because it’s really fun but still pretty.
I think this makeup look is really pretty and the colour palette works surprisingly well together. This is a great look for summer and will be perfect for when we can finally go abroad again once this pandemic is over.
I love how this tropical look turned out and it’s inspired me to keep playing around with different eyeshadow colours. What do you guys think?
Join the list
Keep up to date with all the latest beauty & lifestyle content
A really colourful,pretty look and wearable for a night out.(if we ever get let out😂)
Love the photo of you smiling,your skin looks soft and amazing.
Hahah we’ll see – hopefully soon lol! Thanks 🙂
I love those lashes on you – they are so flattering on your eyes! Such a pretty look too, the colours are perfect together.
They’re really cheap, too! Definitely recommend Red Cherry Lashes
This is SUCH a gorgeous look – it’s def giving me ND Tropic Palette vibes, for sure! Also, I love how it is vibrant while simultaneoulsy looking soft. Also, I was quite literally watching a video from Samantha March earlier today and you both created nearly identical looks!! 😀
Thank you so much. I’m really happy with how this look turned out and it photographed really well too 🙂 hahaha I’d love to say she copied me but I very much doubt it lol. Tropical looks are reallypopular atm and I’m here for it
Oh my Gosh I love this look! You did such a great job! I also really love the look of these lashes.
Thank you so much. I was really proud of this look! These lashes are one of my fave pairs and they’re really easy to apply too