Facial beauty devices are becoming increasingly popular. From cleansing brushes like the PMD Clean through to blackhead extractor devices, people love to use beauty gadgets from the comfort of their homes.
When TOUCHBeauty asked if I’d like to try the 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device, I jumped at the opportunity. I’d been wanting to try LED light therapy for a while, so I couldn’t wait to see how the device would improve my skin.
Facial beauty devices aren’t cheap and knowing whether to splurge on them can be a difficult decision. This review will let you know whether the 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device is worth investing in and whether it benefitted my skin. Keep on reading to hear my honest thoughts on the beauty device and for an exclusive discount code.
What is TOUCHBeauty?
Established over two decades ago, TOUCHBeauty is an international brand that specialises in developing beauty and personal care devices. TOUCHBeauty prides itself on offering innovative beauty gadgets, having secured over 170 independent intellectual patents. Some of its devices include the Heated Eyelash Curler, Double-Sided LED Makeup Mirror and IPL Laser Hair Removal Device.
What is the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device?
The TOUCH Beauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device is primarily an anti-ageing treatment, but it can also be used to reduce facial edema, treat acne breakouts, even out skin tone and brighten the skin.
The beauty gadget comes with 3 attachable heads to target different areas of the face and different skin concerns. Interchangeable at any time, the 3 attachments are:
- Microcurrent facial massage attachment: This attachment is suitable for massaging the cheeks and the jawline. The microcurrent rollers pull up the skin while delivering microcurrent to the muscles. Using this attachment helps to boost collagen production, shape facial contours, smooth wrinkles and fine lines, while firming the skin. The rollers also aim to promote blood flow, which helps reduce facial edema. There are 5 intensity levels for the microcurrent facial massage attachment. Beginners are advised to start with a low intensity level.
- Microcurrent eye and lip attachment: The microcurrent wands are designed to fit the delicate eye and lip areas that are more sensitive and harder to reach. Using this attachment gently around the eyes, above the eyebrows and on smile lines aims to smooth crow’s feet and fine lines. The cool wands with the electric microcurrent delivered to the skin around the eyes also help to reduce puffiness. There are 3 intensity levels for the microcurrent eye and lip attachment. Again, first-time users are advised to start with a low intensity level.
- LED light therapy attachment: This attachment provides 4 LED light therapy wavelengths to help with different skin concerns:
– Red light prevents and reduces fine lines
– Blue light is anti-inflammatory, reduces acne and prevents breakouts
– Yellow light helps to even out skin tone, reduce dark spots and brighten the skin
– Pink light combines all three LED wavelengths (red, blue and yellow) to provide a total skincare solution
Both of the microcurrent facial attachments can be used daily but I’d advise using the beauty device 2-3 times a week to avoid overworking the skin.
The LED light treatments last for 6 minutes and can be used 2-3 times per week.
How do microcurrent and LED light therapy work?
With microcurrent and light therapy, the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 device is an effective multi-functional skincare solution.
- Microcurrent: This technology delivers low-level electric currents to facial muscles to work out and tone muscles. Using this technology claims to help improve facial contours, promote collagen regeneration, firm the skin, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Depending on the intensity level used, microcurrent causes muscles to contract, giving a tingly sensation.
- LED light therapy: LED light energy claims to trigger natural cells to repair skin and regenerate collagen. Different LED wavelengths can help target different skin concerns, such as reducing fine lines and brightening the skin. LED light therapy is quite a new, emerging and exciting area of skincare that is becoming increasingly popular.
How to use the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device
Use the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device on clean, dry skin. Don’t use the device after using exfoliating acids, such as glycolic acid or mandelic acid, as this might aggravate the skin. I normally use the beauty device as part of my night-time routine after I’ve double cleansed my skin but before applying any of my other skincare products. If I’m using the LED light therapy attachment, I don’t apply exfoliants after using the beauty device either.
To help to conduct the microcurrent and get better results, you can apply a water-soluble gel (e.g. aloe vera gel) to the skin before you start using the device. You can reapply during treatment if necessary.
TOUCHBeauty recommends using the beauty device in upward lifting motions to tone and lift the skin. It says that dragging the skin down will aggravate any ageing concerns you might have.
For the eye and lip microcurrent attachment, users are advised to be very gentle on the skin. TOUCHBeauty says the best way to use the beauty device is by gently gliding the wands with gel without dragging the skin. You can also tap.
My experience with the Microcurrent Facial Massage Head
I’ve really enjoyed using the Microcurrent Facial Massage Head. Although I’ve not been using the attachment with a water-soluble gel (it’s on my to-buy list!), I’ve still found the device to be very massaging. I don’t have any wrinkles, so I’m not sure how effective the device is at smoothing wrinkles but my skin certainly feels firmer after using this beauty gadget.
The Microcurrent Facial Massage Head glides easily over the skin, without tugging or pulling. I love the cool feeling of the massage head over my skin and I find it very relaxing.
My experience with the LED Light Therapy Head
The LED Light Therapy Head was the attachment I was most excited to try. I’d heard lots of good things about LED light therapy and I know Caroline Hirons rates it, so I had high hopes.
Out of the 4 modes, I’ve been using the yellow light treatment as I’m most interested in having a more even skin tone and brighter skin. I’ll definitely try the other light therapy modes when I’ve got some breakouts or if I start getting more wrinkles.
Since using the LED Light Therapy Head, my skin looks brighter and more even. I think with long-term use, you’re going to see more and more benefits. I’m hopeful that with continued use, my skin tone will become more even and brighter.
The LED Light Therapy Head comes with goggles to avoid direct contact with the eyes. These goggles make you look funny but obviously you’ve got to protect your eyes! I’m glad TOUCHBeauty provided the goggles to protect the end-user.
I’ve enjoyed using the LED Light Therapy Head and look forward to continuing using it for more skin improvements.
My experience with the Microcurrent Eye and Lip Massage Head
I think the Microcurrent Eye and Lip Massage Head is the attachment that would benefit the most from using a water-soluble gel. As the attachment doesn’t have a rollerball mechanic, I found this attachment tugged more at my skin. It’s nothing bad at all but I think a gel would help the device glide more easily across the skin.
The Eye and Lip Massage Head is cooling and massaging across the eye and lip area. It took me a while to get a hang of the motions of using this attachment but once I figured it out, I really enjoyed using it.
I don’t have any wrinkles around my eye or lip areas but I can imagine this beauty device would work well at smoothing out any lines.
Overall experience with the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device
I’ve really enjoyed using the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device. It’s lightweight, intuitive and delivers lots of benefits to the skin. The device is easy to charge as it comes with a USB charging lead and the display tells you when the battery is getting low.
My favourite part of the device is the LED Light Therapy Head as this attachment intrigues me the most. Loads of people have raved about the benefits of LED light therapy, so I can’t wait to see improvements to my skin in the long-term. I also like using the microcurrent attachments but I think using a gel with the 2 attachments would really help improve the experience and results. However, I love the cooling and massaging sensation of this device.
For people looking for firmer, smoother and brighter skin, I think you should try the 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device. I believe this beauty gadget would be good for smoothing out wrinkles but I can’t personally comment on this experience as I don’t really have any.
Plus, Jennifer at TOUCHBeauty has been fantastic to work with. She’s answered all of my queries promptly and kept me in the loop about when the product had been shipped, which was great.
Where to buy
Retailing for around £185, you can purchase the 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device from TOUCHBeauty. However, with my exclusive discount code SARAH, you can get a whopping 40% off the 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device. This makes the device £111.03, which is a huge saving.
Obviously, the device is fairly pricey but I believe it’s worth investing in your skin. If you’re interested in LED light treatment or microcurrent devices, this will be worth spending your money on.
Final thoughts on the TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device
The TOUCHBeauty 3-in-1 Facial Beauty Device is an interesting and multipurpose gadget. I’ve really enjoyed using it and look forward to continuing use in the future.