Today, I’m super excited to share my thoughts on the luxurious £172 By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar and whether it’s worth the money.
Admittedly, I didn’t spend the full £172 on this advent calendar. I managed to get the advent calendar in LookFantastic’s fabulous Black Friday and used my code LFTFBLOGSARAH to get the calendar for just over £108.
Use the code LFTFBLOGSARAH for 20% off all products on this LOOKFANTASTIC list.
I decided to get the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar, as it’s a brand that I’ve always wanted to try more from. The By Terry Terribly Paris Vip Expert Palette Paris By Light is one of my fave eyeshadow palettes ever. So I wanted to try more By Terry products, especially some of the gorgeous makeup goodies.
When I saw this By Terry advent calendar was on sale for just over £108 for 24 products, I couldn’t resist. But is the £172 worth the expensive price tag, or does it leave a lot to be desired? Keep reading for my honest first impressions of the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar.
* This post contains some affiliate links. This means at no extra cost to you, I earn some commission if you purchase a product through my link. All thoughts are my own, though, as always. If you want to find out more, visit my affiliate disclosure page **
What is By Terry?
By Terry is a high-end French beauty brand by Terry de Gunzburg. The brand is perhaps best known for its hydrating, natural-looking, and glowy products.
Some of the brand’s best-sellers are the Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder, Brightening CC Serum, and Baume de Rose Le Stick Levres Lip Crayon.
What’s inside the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar?
The By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar contains 24 full-size and mini makeup products, tools, and skincare essentials:
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer 40ml
- Baume De Rose Le Stick Levres Lip Crayon 1.2g
- Hyaluronic Pressed Hydra 2.5g
- Baume De Rose Le Soin Levres Liquid Lip Balm 2.3g
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder 10g
- Baume De Rose La Creme Main Hand Cream 15g
- Baume De Rose L’huile All-Over Oil 30ml
- Hyaluronic Hydra Global Face Cream 15ml
- Baume De Rose Le Demaquillant Biphase Bi-Phase Makeup Remover 30ml
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Balm In Dare To Bare 2.6g
- Brightening Cc Serum In Apricot Glow 10ml
- Brightening Cc Serum In Sunny Flash 7ml
- Compact-Expert Dual Powder in Sun Desire 1.3g
- Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara In Master Black 8ml
- Mascara Terrybly In Black Parti-Pris 4g
- Crayon Blackstar In Black Print 1.2g
- Ombre Blackstar In Blond Opal 1.64g
- Ombre Blackstar In Bronze Moon 0.9g
- Lip‐Expert Matte In Flirty Brown 4ml
- Crayon Lèvres Terrybly In Red Cancan 1.2g
- Tea To Tan 30ml
- Mini Tool-Expert Retractable Kabuki Brush x1
- Pinceau Sculpteur Yeux Eye Sculpting Brush x1
- Mini Pinceau Teint Face Brush x1
Products I’ve tried so far
I’ve not got around to trying all of the products in this advent calendar yet, but I’ve managed to try quite a lot, particularly the makeup products. So far, I’ve used about half of the products in the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar.
Here’s what I’ve tried so far:
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer
- Baume De Rose Le Stick Levres Lip Crayon
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder
- Baume De Rose Le Demaquillant Biphase Bi-Phase Makeup Remover
- Hyaluronic Hydra-Balm In Dare To Bare
- Compact-Expert Dual Powder in Sun Desire
- Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara In Master Black
- Ombre Blackstar In Blond Opal
- Ombre Blackstar In Bronze Moon
- Lip‐Expert Matte In Flirty Brown
- Mini Tool-Expert Retractable Kabuki Brush
In my Insta look above, I used the hyaluronic acid primer, dual-powder blush, both eyeshadow sticks, mascara, liquid lipstick, and retractable kabuki brush. It’s very festive, and I was really pleased with how it turned out. I’ll share more about my thoughts on each product below.
By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar swatches
To get an idea of the colours and textures within the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar, I did some swatches for you!
They’re so pretty, right?! After swatching these products, I was particularly excited to try the shimmer eyeshadow sticks and pigmented lip balm. I’m all about that glow!
First impressions of the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar
So far, I’m very impressed with the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar.
Overall, I think the packaging is cute. It’s not the most amazing beauty advent calendar design I’ve seen, but it’s pretty.
Caution: If you dislike fragranced products, you’ll want to avoid this calendar. The products are quite heavily scented, particularly the Baume de Rose line.
I have a lot of positives to say about the products I’ve used, so let me get the negatives out of the way first!
I’m not too keen on the mini powder blush – the Compact-Expert Dual Powder in Sun Desire. While the swatches look stunning, the powder was a little patchy, chalky, and difficult to blend. The formula isn’t buttery smooth compared to some of my other powder formulae. It made my cheeks look a bit muddy. I think this powder blush would look more seamless on a darker complexion than mine.
I also don’t love the Lip‐Expert Matte In Flirty Brown. This liquid lipstick is not the normal sort of shade I’d pick. While the deeper red-brown shade is nice, it’s a bit darker than I’d like. However, I’m not a fan of the formula. While it’s incredibly long wearing, it’s quite drying. If my lips are chapped, I’d never pick this lipstick, as it’s simply not very comfortable and would emphasise any texture.
The mini retractable kabuki brush is average. It does the job, but it’s not one of my fave makeup brushes.
However, I’m loving all of the other products I’ve tried. Particular standouts to me are the Hyaluronic Hydra-Primer, Hyaluronic Hydra-Balm In Dare To Bare, and Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara In Master Black.
The primer is gorgeous. It feels just like a lightweight hyaluronic acid serum with the benefit of giving your skin a smooth, even, and plump base for makeup to sit on top of. It ensures foundation doesn’t cling to any skin texture and feels super comfortable. I love it.
The Hyaluronic Hydra-Balm In Dare To Bare is simply unreal. This comfortable lip product sits somewhere in between a satin lipstick and a hydrating lip balm. It’s got the nourishing lip care properties of a balm but the shiny pigmentation of a lipstick. The shade Dare To Bare is this beautiful soft berry that would complement any makeup look. It’s definitely clean girl makeup vibes. I’m obsessed.
Then the mascara is possibly my fave mascara ever. It’s been a long time since I’ve fallen in love with a mascara, but the Lash-Expert Twist Brush Mascara In Master Black has everything I could ever want. It’s lengthening, volumising, and makes my lashes look really dark, but the formula isn’t clumpy, flakey, or dry. It really helps bring together any eye look I do, as it makes my lashes pop.
Is the advent calendar worth £172?
I definitely think the By Terry Terryfic Glow Advent Calendar is worth it. I’ve already got some new makeup faves from the products I’ve tried so far. Yes, it’s expensive, but I think the majority of the products are very high quality and will quickly become staples.
This advent calendar would make a perfect Christmas present for anyone who loves beauty products, high-end makeup and skincare, or wants to try By Terry products for an incredible price.
Would you ever spend £172 on a beauty advent calendar? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!